information for global expats

News Archive

Home » News » Green Card Applicants Get Help Finding US Doctor

Green Card Applicants Get Help Finding US Doctor

By Dex Tennyson, for ExpatBriefing.com
16 April, 2015


The US Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) has launched an online tool that locates doctors authorized to perform medical examinations for green card applicants.

Only doctors authorized by USCIS, known as civil surgeons, may perform the examinations that are usually required as part of the process for obtaining permanent resident status. The new tool can search for the nearest civil surgeon to a given address. It can also give directions.

The tool includes a checklist of what applicants will need to bring with them to the doctor. It is accessible at any time using any device.

Tags: Citizenship | United States | Expat Services | Expats | Healthcare | Immigration | Visas And Passports | Working Abroad | Welfare | Work | Working Abroad | Healthcare | Immigration | Working Abroad





Leave A Comment




About | Useful Links | Global Media Partners | Media | Advertising And Sales | Banners And Widgets | Glossary | RSS | Privacy & Cookies | Terms And Conditions | Editorial Policy | Refer To A Friend | Newsletters | Contact | Site Map

Important Notice: Wolters Kluwer TAA Limited has taken reasonable care in sourcing and presenting the information contained on this site, but accepts no responsibility for any financial or other loss or damage that may result from its use. In particular, users of the site are advised to take appropriate professional advice before committing themselves to involvement in offshore jurisdictions, offshore trusts or offshore investments. © Wolters Kluwer TAA Ltd 2017. All rights reserved.

The Expat Briefing brand is owned and operated by Wolters Kluwer TAA Limited.